The Vicks VUL520W Filter-free Cool Mist Humidifier is a medium sized humidifier that is quite portable. It’s easily a top of the line choice when it comes to its size and how easy it is to move it around. This humidifier also uses tap water, and it produces a very cooling and soothing mist and water vapor. The mist looks and feels good. It’s a sight to behold and a feature that I really appreciate.
Despite this humidifier’s compact and medium size, it still packs a reservoir with a capacity that’s comfortable and spacious enough to hold water that will last the entire night. Something that I noticed that was really nice was that this humidifier doesn’t leak in the slightest, and won’t on its own cause things near it getting wet.
Overall, the Vicks VUL520W Filter-free Cool Mist Humidifier has really helped me a lot, especially this past winter season. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that my life would be a lot less comfortable and convenient if I didn’t make the decision that day to get this model of humidifier. It will definitely make you feel better once the humidifier is turned on and running, especially if you’re placing it in a small place where you can feel the dryness. This humidifier really takes care of the heat and the dry feel in the air, so you can keep on living and working smoothly and without being bothered by those factors. Bear in mind that it does make a lot of noise though.
Pros of the Vicks VUL520W Filter-free Cool Mist Humidifier
Here are some of the pros that I’ve really loved and benefited from:
- This humidifier’s very compact medium size and portability are its valuable and strong pros and features.
- The build of this humidifier is noticeably designed in such a way that it’s very easy to keep clean.
- The indicator light on the dial isn’t that bothersome nor is it too bright, and didn’t give me a hard time sleeping.
- This humidifier has a very intuitive dial that allows you to have a lot of control over the amount of mist that comes out of it. This feature lets you be more precise with how much mist you want to release into your room to counter the heat and dryness, instead of depending on an on-and-off switch that barely gives you any options.
Cons of the Vicks VUL520W Filter-free Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier does have its downsides and cons though:
- One of the most noticeable cons of this humidifier is the noise that it sometimes makes. It’s caused me to wake up in the middle of the night for no good reason. It also blocks every other sound when it’s on – I can’t hear my TV, speakers, or anything else while this thing is on.
- Not only is this humidifier noisy when it’s turned on, it makes this very odd sounds like dripping, gurgling, leaking, and something that sounds like a whine.
- You’ll have to refill the humidifier’s storage every single night. This is understandable, since its compact size will also reduce its water capacity by necessity.
The Vicks VUL520W Filter-free Cool Mist Humidifier has great features, but is really let down by the fact that it's too noisy.